A few weeks ago, I asked whether you all wanted to write on anything of your own choosing or whether I should make a prompt for blog post #8 on A Small Place. Since the class was almost evenly split between the two choices, I came up with a prompt that asked you to write about the function of the library in Kincaid’s A Small Place.
However, for your final blog post I want each student to write on whatever they want regarding Haruki Murakami’s After Dark.
As usual (and for the final time this semester) make sure to do the following:
- Give your post a good title.
- Add tags (keywords) to the post.
- Posts must be at least 250 words.
- Posts must include at least one quotation from Murakami’s text.
- Stay focused on your point. Avoid repeating yourself. Remember to clarify the importance of your post. Don’t just tell us that something is “important”; rather explain why it is important.
- Make an argument. Don’t summarize the text.
- Use specific moments from After Dark to support and illustrate your argument.
- Be sure to introduce, quote, cite, and comment on all quotations.
This response is due before class on Thursday, April 7th. Blog comments (at least 2) are due before class on Tuesday, April 12th.